I simply made a classic marshmallow treats recipe, and stirred in sprinkles with the cereal:
3 tablespoons butter
1 package marshmallows (10 oz. package = around 40 marshmallows)
6 cups puffed rice cereal
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add puffed rice cereal and sprinkles.
- Stir, stir, stir until they're well mixed. Use those arm muscles to get everything incorporated!
- Place mixture in a 13 x 9 x 2 pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Use a piece of waxed people to help smoosh the mixture into the pan.
Important: Let cool for several hours. It may look cool, but you have to let the marshmallowy goodness really set to get the best results.
FYI - My recipe says to store these for no more than two days at room temperature, but don't worry...these babies will be LONG gone by then!
- Sugar Baby